Here at InterWest Mortgage, we have a strong love for our hometown. Idaho is a beautiful place with lots to offer. If you’re looking for a place to live out the American dream, consider Idaho as your spot. Here are some considerations if you’re contemplating a move to Idaho (and, no, it’s not all about potatoes):
- Our capital city is a great shopping destination – Boise offers plethora options for shopping and entertainment. The city hosts a wide variety of shops, malls, and outlets appealing to any avid shopper as well as great places to grab a treat.
- We have some wild weather – We realize for some this may be a deterrent, but for the nature lover, this ends up being something residents come to love. Our weather is pretty unpredictable, but we also get all four beautiful seasons. Summers are typically sunny and hot, and winters come with a decent amount of crisp, white snow.
- It’s the place to be if you’re married – Idaho has the highest marriage rate in the country. Almost 55% of the state is married, but it also has a very low divorce rate with about 13% of marriages ending in divorce.
- The crime rate is very low – The crime rate in our state is not something to be worried about. We’re far lower than the national average, with an average of about 2.3 violent incidents per 1,000 people. This means you can stay out late and enjoy our dark skies full of stars without worrying about an attack.
- It’s a great place to work – Our unemployment rate is only about 5.5%, and our state offers a lot of opportunities for all levels of workers. Popular job sectors here include healthcare, agriculture, and technology. Even cooler, Idaho does not require a state-issued license for starting a business, so you can start that new venture with no problem.
- Home ownership rates are high – We have one of the highest home ownership rates in the country, ranking 9th with almost 70% home ownership. If your dream is to own your own home, Idaho is a great place to look.
- The natural environment is incredible – it doesn’t take long to realize you are in some of the most beautiful country when you arrive in Idaho. We may be known as a bit rugged, but that comes with amazing benefits. Our mountain ranges are towering, the rivers are clear, and the flora and fauna is breathtaking.
- Our locals are friendly – You won’t likely be met with sour attitudes here. Our residents are generally warm and welcoming, and most of us are pretty outgoing. You will probably be surrounded by good supporters and helpers in your new neighborhood.
- There is an abundance of fresh food – Abundance is a good word for Idaho. From agriculture to beauty, friendliness to healthy eating, it’s all in abundance in our community. If you’re looking for a healthy lifestyle, Idaho is a good place to discover that new path due to our availability of fresh foods.
If this list has got you motivated for a move, contact InterWest Mortgage to get you started on your journey.